Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Stream of Consciousness: Day 1

The trek to my job is long and painful.  By the time I get there, my back hurts and I feel exhausted.  Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t have to wake up so early.
Being a preschool teacher is no joke. You have to be ON, all the time.  There is no moment where you can step back and sit at your desk and take a breather. If you do that, one of your children will get hurt, or they’ll get bored and start creating chaos.  I don’t have a desk, anyway.
A thirty minute lunch time doesn’t cut it.  By the time you finish eating, there’s only ten minutes left to your break.  Just enough time to check an email on the one s-l-o-o-o-w computer in our tiny break room, squeezed behind a coworker who’s trying to eat HER lunch. 
I feel like there has to be more to life than this constant struggle to wake up and get to work.  I’m going to invent a teacher robot that can teach for me, while I sit at home and control the robot.  You know, just like the military is making those robots to go fight in the wars.  Hey, if they can do it, why can’t I? 

No comments:

Post a Comment